    I did a package install on a solaris system and is it set for cc but I
    only have the Gnu gcc.
    thanks for any help.
    xman, Dec 29, 2003

  2. xman

    Anno Siegel Guest

    xman <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    > Yes I am a sysadmin not a programer..

    So?

    > So here is the question Is their a configuration file for which compiler
    > is used by perl 5.8.0 ?

    Perl doesn't use a compiler, but a compiler was used to build perl.
    "perl -V:cc" tells you which.

    See "perldoc Config" for more detailed information.

    Anno
    Anno Siegel, Dec 30, 2003

  3. xman wrote:
    >Yes I am a sysadmin not a programer..
    >So here is the question Is their a configuration file for which compiler
    >is used by perl 5.8.0 ?
    >I did a package install on a solaris system and is it set for cc but I
    >only have the Gnu gcc.

    You might want to use Solaris-PerlGcc, which does the Config.pm magic
    fudging for you :

    http://search.cpan.org/~aburlison/Solaris-PerlGcc-1.3/

    --
    Untenable is not *NIX
    Rafael Garcia-Suarez, Dec 30, 2003
  4. xman

    xman Guest

    Thanks Rafael for your helpful response.

    xman, Dec 30, 2003