ConfigParser preserving file ordering

Discussion in 'Python' started by Frank Aune, Oct 19, 2007.

  1. Frank Aune

    Frank Aune Guest

    Hello,

    I use ConfigParser and actually quite like it, EXCEPT that it doesnt preserve
    the section order of the original config file when writing a new. This
    behaviour is hopeless IMO, and I've been looking for alternatives.

    I've been reading the interesting discussion on python-dev about improvements
    to ConfigParser:

    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2006-January/060138.html

    I know there are patches to archieve what I want, but tbh I need functionality
    present in the standard library or as a last option sub-class ConfigParser to
    archieve ordering preservation.

    Since the thread above is nearly two years old, I'm wondering if something has
    happended in this department?

    Thanks,
    Frank
    Frank Aune, Oct 19, 2007