ConfigSections. Exception creating handler

eje

I want to use configSections for applicationsettings but
I get Exception creating section handler.

My code in web.config:

<configuration>
<configSections>
<sectionGroup name="applicationParameters">
<section name="Avanzo"
type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler"/>
</sectionGroup>
</configSections>

<applicationParameters>
<Avanzo>
<add key="box" value="abcd" />
</Avanzo>
</applicationParameters>

<system.web>

I have seen examples where type has the attributes
Version, Culture and PublicKeyToken but I don't know if
that helps and where to find these data. The examples in
the .NET help do not include these extra attributes.

Some help would be nice. My application is ready to be
deployed.

Eje

Karl Seguin

For assemblies located in the GAC (which System is) you need to specify the
assemblies strong name:

System.Configuration.NameValueFileSectionHandler, System,
Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

Karl