Configuration Error / Access denied after compiling asp.net c# project

Martin Strojek

Hi,

I have the following problem with developing some web site.
I use Visual Studio 2003 to build a website. I tried Windows 2003
Server and switched now back to Windows XP with PWS but the error
occurs
in both installations.

When I do a compile/build of my app and go to the browser and
hit reload there comes an error:

Configuration Error
Access is denied Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data

When I hit reload again in the browser the message changes to:

Can not access file 'Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data' because it is
being used by another process.

After additional x - times of clicking on reaload the main namespace
in my project replaces 'Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data' and the
games start from the begining. But after again doing some reload
attempts the web comes up.
Until the point when I do a build again on my project.

Any suggestions?
I read http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...OPNl91yEHA.4028%40TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl&rnum=1
but yes I'm in the 'administrator' group and the 'debugger user'
group.
My assemblies are not strongly named and located in the bin folder of
my website, so that discussion didn't really helped. I had no
Application Blocks
dll before but the same error.

Has anybody an idea what goes wrong. It costs really a lot of time
after a change to get the web back working. On Windows 2003 Server i
only had to reload the page about 2 - 3 times, now it's a lot more on
XP.

Would be great to receive some suggestions.

Thank you and best regards
Martin
(e-mail address removed)

Juan T. Llibre

Some questions...and a couple of suggestions :

1.
Did you *install* the Data Access Application Block in both your
machines, or did you copy the DAAB dll into the /bin directories ?

2.
Which version did you install in your machines ?

3.
There's 3 versions of the DAAB available : 1.0, 2.0 and the
current one, which is available as part of the Enterprise Library.

Do both machines have the same version installed ?

Suggestions :

See
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/daab.asp
for a backgrounder on Data Access Application Blocks.

See
http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/messageboard/home.aspx?id=295a464a-6072-4e25-94e2-91be63527327
That is the message board for the Enterprise Library,
and there's many questions and answers related to
the Data Access Application Blocks.

There's also quite a few people, with experience using the
Data Access Application Blocks, answering questions there.

If you don't get resolution by doing the checks I suggested
and/or standardizing/installing the DAAB in your computers,
you might want to post your questions about DAAB there.

Good luck!

Martin Strojek

Just some addition to my post:

It's not the data access application block which causes the error.
I threw it out (because i did'nt really needed it) and i got the
same error, with the difference that i only have to reload
2 or 3 times till the web is coming back.

So problem's not solved :(

Thanks and regards

Martin Strojek
(e-mail address removed)

Juan T. Llibre

re:
It's not the data access application
block which causes the error.
I threw it out ... and i got the same error

You mean that you are still getting this error message:
Access is denied Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data
*after* you "threw it out" ?

If not, what's the error message you're getting now ?

Martin Strojek

Hi,

no, it's not the DAAB any more, but now its my main
assembly. As I wrote in my first post, it goes through all
my assemblies. I hit reload and one comes with an access denied,
after some reload the next one gives the error until finally
the error disapears. After threwing out the DAAB it's only my
main assembly which throws the error.

The error appears only for those assemblies, wich result in a dll
in the bin folder.
I read some other posts, tried changing the process modell to
user 'System' but that didn't helped either.
I too tried to kill the aspnet_wp.exe process but with no effect.

Threwing out the DAAB had the only positive effect that I now
only have to reload 3-4 times until the web is back running.

The error in detail:

Configuration Error
configuration file required to service this request. Please review the
specific error details below and modify your configuration file
appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Access is denied: 'myassembly'.

Line 197:<add assembly="System.Web.Mobile, Version=1.0.5000.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 198:<add assembly="*"/> <=== THE LINE WHICH IS MARKED RED

Source File: c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config
Line: 198

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = myassembly
(Partial)
LOG: Appbase = file:///D:/www/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===

LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private,
custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference: myassembly
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
Files/root/62785426/fc892498/myassembly.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
Files/root/62785426/fc892498/myassembly/myassembly.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/www/bin/myassembly.DLL.
LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private,
custom, partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference: myassembly, Version=1.0.1863.33666,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Regards
Martin Strojek
(e-mail address removed)

Willie Ferguson

Stop Microsoft Indexing Service and Antivirus software, if neither solves the problem see http://blogs.msdn.com/junfeng/archive/2004/10/09/240355.aspx

Willie

nntp://news.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet/<[email protected]>

[...]

Juan T. Llibre said:
re:

You mean that you are still getting this error message:
*after* you "threw it out" ?

If not, what's the error message you're getting now ?

[microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet]

Martin Strojek

Hi Willie

thanks for this great and simple solution.
Indexing Service was not started but my GDATA Antivirus Kit 2005.
Switched it off and it runs perfectly even after recompile the
web is now back the first time after reload.

Is there any way to exclude the folder (which folder would it be?)
from a virus scan?

Best regards
Martin Strojek
(e-mail address removed)

Willie Ferguson said:
[...]

Juan T. Llibre said:
re:

You mean that you are still getting this error message:
*after* you "threw it out" ?

If not, what's the error message you're getting now ?

[microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet]

Martin Strojek

Hi,

Just an addition:

with GDATA Antivirus Kit 2005 it is possible to exclude
files/folders/drives within the realtime scan.

In the taskbar double clicked the AVK. There's an button where you can
add exceptions. I added the folder
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files
to it and it seems thats the way to have no errors and keep the virus
scan
working.

Regards

Willie Ferguson said:
[...]