Configuration Error -- Access is denied

howard39

I occasionally get the following message when I try to start up my ASP.NET
application on my development system after a rebuild. Rebuilding and then
rebooting usually seems to fix the problem. This is in Visual Studio.Net 1.1.
The solution includes a main program project that refers to a library, also
included in the solution. The library contains references to 4 Microsoft
Application Blocks, but only this one causes trouble.

Any help would be appreciated.

Server Error in '/XXXXXXX' Application.

Configuration Error

Parser Error Message: Access is denied:
'Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ConfigurationManagement'.

Source Error:
Line 196: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.5000.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 197: <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile, Version=1.0.5000.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 198: <add assembly="*"/>
Line 199: </assemblies>
Line 200: </compilation>

Source File:
c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config Line: 198

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine
why the assembly 'Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ConfigurationManagement' could
not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ConfigurationManagement
(Partial)LOG: Appbase =
file:///C:/Projects/TrafficSystem/TrafficWebAppSolution/Traffic.Net
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = binCalling assembly : (Unknown).===
LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom,
partial, or location-based assembly bind).LOG: Post-policy reference:
Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ConfigurationManagement
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///C:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
Files/traffic.net/b3c9abe7/4fe05110/Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ConfigurationManagement.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///C:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
Files/traffic.net/b3c9abe7/4fe05110/Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ConfigurationManagement/Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ConfigurationManagement.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///C:/Projects/TrafficSystem/TrafficWebAppSolution/Traffic.Net/bin/Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ConfigurationManagement.DLL.
LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom,
partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference:
Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ConfigurationManagement, Version=1.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Version:1.1.4322.573

[MSFT]

Hello,

Which account your ASP.NET appplication is running with? Based on my
experince, this kind of error can occur when the account doesn't have
enough permission to some local folders, for example, the TEMP folder. You
may try a local admin account to see if this will help. Also, I see
System.Web.Mobile in your message, Is this a Mobile application?

Luke

howard39

This is running on IIS5 on Windows 2000. The account is ASPNET and it is in
the Administrators group on my development system.

Don't know why System.Web.Mobile is there. This is not a mobile application,
just ASP.NET.