Configuration Error -- Access is denied

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by howard39@nospam.nospam, Mar 30, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I occasionally get the following message when I try to start up my ASP.NET
    application on my development system after a rebuild. Rebuilding and then
    rebooting usually seems to fix the problem. This is in Visual Studio.Net 1.1.
    The solution includes a main program project that refers to a library, also
    included in the solution. The library contains references to 4 Microsoft
    Application Blocks, but only this one causes trouble.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Server Error in '/XXXXXXX' Application.

    Configuration Error

    Parser Error Message: Access is denied:
    'Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ConfigurationManagement'.

    Source Error:
    Line 196: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.5000.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    Line 197: <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile, Version=1.0.5000.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    Line 198: <add assembly="*"/>
    Line 199: </assemblies>
    Line 200: </compilation>

    Source File:
    c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config Line: 198

    Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine
    why the assembly 'Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ConfigurationManagement' could
    not be loaded.

    === Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: DisplayName = Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ConfigurationManagement
    (Partial)LOG: Appbase =
    file:///C:/Projects/TrafficSystem/TrafficWebAppSolution/Traffic.Net
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = binCalling assembly : (Unknown).===
    LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom,
    partial, or location-based assembly bind).LOG: Post-policy reference:
    Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ConfigurationManagement
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
    Files/traffic.net/b3c9abe7/4fe05110/Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ConfigurationManagement.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
    Files/traffic.net/b3c9abe7/4fe05110/Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ConfigurationManagement/Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ConfigurationManagement.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/Projects/TrafficSystem/TrafficWebAppSolution/Traffic.Net/bin/Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ConfigurationManagement.DLL.
    LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom,
    partial, or location-based assembly bind).
    LOG: Post-policy reference:
    Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.ConfigurationManagement, Version=1.0.0.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

    Version:1.1.4322.573
    , Mar 30, 2005

  2. [MSFT] Guest

    Hello,

    Which account your ASP.NET appplication is running with? Based on my
    experince, this kind of error can occur when the account doesn't have
    enough permission to some local folders, for example, the TEMP folder. You
    may try a local admin account to see if this will help. Also, I see
    System.Web.Mobile in your message, Is this a Mobile application?

    Luke
    [MSFT], Mar 30, 2005

    This is running on IIS5 on Windows 2000. The account is ASPNET and it is in
    the Administrators group on my development system.

    Don't know why System.Web.Mobile is there. This is not a mobile application,
    just ASP.NET.
    , Mar 30, 2005
  4. [MSFT] Guest

    It seems to be a configration problem. You may need more further debug to
    find out the issue, for example, add some log or give a memory dump. I
    suggest you may submit a support incidence to our PSS. They will assist you
    narrow down the problem. Here is the link:

    http://www.microsoft.com/services/microsoftservices/supp.mspx

    Luke
    [MSFT], Mar 31, 2005