configuration error - access is denied

buran

Dear ASP.NET Programmers,

I encountered the following problem when running my project:

Configuration Error

Parser Error Message: Access is denied: 'ExportTechnologies.WebControls.RTE'

This component was working for months without any problem. I searched the
net for the solution, but suggested solutions did not help me. I don't use
the Indexing Service. When running Filemon from Sysinternals freeware, I
encountered the following line:

23962 23:55:50 w3wp.exe:1848 IRP_MJ_CREATE
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\database2\bin\ExportTechnologies.WebControls.RTE.DLL
ACCESS DENIED NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

I hope I can find help here. Thanks in advance,

Burak

Trevor Benedict R

The Account that the ASP.NET Application is running under does not have
permission to create the file under the bin folder, but it should
actually be creating this under the framework temp directory under
windows.

Try to grant it access and see. Maybe you ran an update or someone
changes the permissions on the Folder.

Regards,

Trevor Benedict R
MCSD

buran

I cannot figure out what is wrong. I treid another component, I am still
getting the same error. Could you please be more specific, the following
line may help you (output from filemon):

w3wp.exe:1848 IRP_MJ_CREATE
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\database2\bin\ExportTechnologies.WebControls.RTE.DLL
ACCESS DENIED NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

I am running IIS 6.0 nd ASP.NET 1.1.
Thanks in advance,

Burak

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

does your aspnet account have permissions to access that assembly? find the
folder where it is located and add the network service account to the ACL.
see if that helps

Trevor Benedict R

Do you have Indexing Service. If so follow this thread

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329065
to turn off the specfic folder from being indexed
http://devcenter.infragistics.com/Support/KnowledgeBaseArticle.Aspx?Arti
cleID=2041

if you still think permissions could be the problem then read this
article on the default permissions required.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q317/0/12.asp

IF this does not work then please give us more information as to the OS,
File System on C Drive, Check if permissions are granted explicitly on
the wwwroot folder and if so do they meet the rquirement in the above
page and also can you do a View Source when the Error Ocurs and paste
the Error Message here.

Regards

Trevor Benedict R
MCSD

Mohamed El Ashmawy

Hello Burak,

Have you recently migrated to windows 2003?
In windows server 2003, ASP.Net runs under the "NETWORK SERVICE" account
rather than "ASPNet" account
Would you please check that Network Service has the same priviliges on
"C:\inetpub\wwwroot\database2\bin\" as the ASPNet account.
If not, please give Network Service account the same priviliges as ASPNet
account on that folder and see if the problem is resolved.

Regards
Mohamed El Ashmawy
MEA Developer Support Center
ITWorx on behalf of Microsoft EMEA GTSC

Uma

burak - Is this problem fixed, If yes.. how did u solved it... I am having
the same problem and not able to understand.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney