Configuration Error - c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config

Ivan

Hi,

I have moved an entire solution from .netframework 1.0 to 1.1; also I have
migrated the solution to VS2003. After this I have added a new project (Web)
to previous solution; I'm referencing a DLL from other project within the
solution and including some user controls within my new project, but
whenever I try to execute a new aspx I have coded I receive next error
message (see below); the problem is that some times the Parser Error Message
changes, the referenced control change, I really don't know what's going on
here, can anybody of you give me some clue?

Thanks
Ivan

Server Error in '/PeopleDirectory' Application.
----

Configuration Error

Parser Error Message: Access is denied: 'Altova.Authentic.Placeholders'.

Source Error:

Line 196: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.5000.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 197: <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile, Version=1.0.5000.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 198: <add assembly="*"/>
Line 199: </assemblies>
Line 200: </compilation>

Source File:
c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config Line:
198

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine
why the assembly 'Altova.Authentic.Placeholders' could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = Altova.Authentic.Placeholders
(Partial)
LOG: Appbase = file:///d:/inetpub/wwwroot/PeopleDirectory
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===

LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom,
partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference: Altova.Authentic.Placeholders
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///C:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
Files/peopledirectory/57cab361/aef7f160/Altova.Authentic.Placeholders.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///C:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
Files/peopledirectory/57cab361/aef7f160/Altova.Authentic.Placeholders/Altova
..Authentic.Placeholders.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///d:/inetpub/wwwroot/PeopleDirectory/bin/Altova.Authentic.Placeholders.DLL.
LOG: Publisher policy file is not found.
LOG: No redirect found in host configuration file
(C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet.config).
LOG: Using machine configuration file from
C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\config\machine.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference: Altova.Authentic.Placeholders,
Version=5.0.997.24453, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b62aea4d41be6896

Natty Gur

hi,

CLR loader first checks if request load assembly got strong name. if so
CLR look for the referenced assembly in GAC and if not found on your
application bin directory and if not found probing is used. still if
after all that stages assembly wont find CLR raise exception. if request
CLR not got strong name, CLR just check bin directory and probing.

from the log that you send it looks like that the right version of
Altova.Authentic.Placeholders.DLL couldn't be found in GAC rather in bin
directory.

Natty Gur[MVP]

blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377