Configuration Error - c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ivan, May 20, 2004.

  1. Ivan

    Ivan Guest

    Hi,

    I have moved an entire solution from .netframework 1.0 to 1.1; also I have
    migrated the solution to VS2003. After this I have added a new project (Web)
    to previous solution; I'm referencing a DLL from other project within the
    solution and including some user controls within my new project, but
    whenever I try to execute a new aspx I have coded I receive next error
    message (see below); the problem is that some times the Parser Error Message
    changes, the referenced control change, I really don't know what's going on
    here, can anybody of you give me some clue?

    Thanks
    Ivan

    Server Error in '/PeopleDirectory' Application.
    ----

    Configuration Error

    Parser Error Message: Access is denied: 'Altova.Authentic.Placeholders'.

    Source Error:

    Line 196: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.5000.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    Line 197: <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile, Version=1.0.5000.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    Line 198: <add assembly="*"/>
    Line 199: </assemblies>
    Line 200: </compilation>

    Source File:
    c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config Line:
    198

    Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine
    why the assembly 'Altova.Authentic.Placeholders' could not be loaded.

    === Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: DisplayName = Altova.Authentic.Placeholders
    (Partial)
    LOG: Appbase = file:///d:/inetpub/wwwroot/PeopleDirectory
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
    Calling assembly : (Unknown).
    ===

    LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom,
    partial, or location-based assembly bind).
    LOG: Post-policy reference: Altova.Authentic.Placeholders
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
    Files/peopledirectory/57cab361/aef7f160/Altova.Authentic.Placeholders.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
    Files/peopledirectory/57cab361/aef7f160/Altova.Authentic.Placeholders/Altova
    ..Authentic.Placeholders.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///d:/inetpub/wwwroot/PeopleDirectory/bin/Altova.Authentic.Placeholders.DLL.
    LOG: Publisher policy file is not found.
    LOG: No redirect found in host configuration file
    (C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet.config).
    LOG: Using machine configuration file from
    C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\config\machine.config.
    LOG: Post-policy reference: Altova.Authentic.Placeholders,
    Version=5.0.997.24453, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b62aea4d41be6896

    ----
    Version:1.1.4322.573
    Ivan, May 20, 2004

  2. Ivan

    Natty Gur Guest

    hi,

    CLR loader first checks if request load assembly got strong name. if so
    CLR look for the referenced assembly in GAC and if not found on your
    application bin directory and if not found probing is used. still if
    after all that stages assembly wont find CLR raise exception. if request
    CLR not got strong name, CLR just check bin directory and probing.

    from the log that you send it looks like that the right version of
    Altova.Authentic.Placeholders.DLL couldn't be found in GAC rather in bin
    directory.

    Natty Gur[MVP]

    blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
    Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377