Configuration Error in ASP.NET 1.1 App

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Thomas Satzinger, May 29, 2005.

  1. Hi to all,

    i am doing a ASP.NET app in VS2003 (Framework 1.1, SP) under XP SP2.
    From time to time, on program startup, i get an error message, telling me
    "Configuration Error", "Access denied" on
    <add assembly="*"/> in my machine.config.

    Closing VS, deleting the Bin - folder, open VS , recompile app helps.

    Any ideas on waht is going on here?

    I do have a screenshot but cannot post it here

    Thomas

    Thomas Satzinger, May 29, 2005

  2. Since you are getting Access Denied Error..
    Do the ASPNET acct have the appropriate permissions?
    Patrick

    Patrick Olurotimi Ige, May 29, 2005

  3. I was having the same issue. In my case, it was actually Index Server that
    was causing the pain. See this article:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329065

    Basically, if Index Server tries to catalog the .dll while the asp worker is
    trying to access it, IS puts a block on the whole folder. You can either turn
    of index server or tell it not to index your asp .net temp folders.

    Interestingly, my searching on MS didn't find that article. I finally found
    the solution by reading a blog thread I found on Google.

    =?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4gU3dhbnNvbg==?=, Jul 21, 2005