Configuration error in Web.config file while accessing the SOAP webservice

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by kaush, Oct 15, 2005.

  1. kaush

    kaush Guest

    Hi all,
    I am creating a webservice to accept SOAP messages, parse the
    message and send a SOAP response back to the client accessing my web
    service using WSE-2 in ASP.NET.
    I am creating a class which derives from "SoapReceiver" class
    and do the processing here. To register this class by using the HTTP
    protocol, I am editing the "web.config" file. I am adding an "add"
    element to this config file as follows:
    <httpHandlers>
    <add verb="*" path="MyReceiver.ashx"
    type="CodeService.HttpService"/>
    </httpHandlers>

    Here "HttpService" is the class I have created in "CodeService"
    namespace. Also I am adding a "configSections" element to the
    "configuration" section of the "web.config" file to add
    microsoft.web.services2 configuration section.

    When I try accessing this webservice from a browser say like
    "http://localhost/CodeService/CodeWebService.asmx", I get the follwing
    error
    Parser Error Message: Could not load type CodeService.HttpService from
    assembly System.Web, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a.

    Could anyone please let me know where I am going wrong?

    Thanks,
    kaush

    kaush, Oct 15, 2005

  2. kaush