Configuration error launching a ASPX in web browser

Guest

Hi all...

I have Windows XP with IIS 5.1

I created a Web project under the root web site using Visual Studio 2005
(and ASP.NET 2.0). This is The final URL of the site:
http://localhost/GestionInterna/Default.aspx

After trying to view the page, I got the error:

Configuration Error

Parser Error Message: An error occurred loading a configuration file: Failed
to start monitoring changes to 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\gestioninterna\web.config'
because access is denied.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\gestioninterna\web.config Line: 0

Any help to solve this would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks
Jaime

Ted Harper

Jaime said:
I created a Web project under the root web site using Visual Studio 2005
(and ASP.NET 2.0). This is The final URL of the site:
http://localhost/GestionInterna/Default.aspx

After trying to view the page, I got the error:

Configuration Error

Parser Error Message: An error occurred loading a configuration file: Failed
to start monitoring changes to 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\gestioninterna\web.config'
because access is denied.

The account that ASP.Net is running under needs to have read, execute
and list permissions on that folder and all its contents. See
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316721/ and specifically make sure that
the effective permissions on web.config are such that the account has
access.

ted.h.

p.s. The other time I have seen a "failed to start monitoring changes"
message is where that account doesn't have "Impersonate a client after
authentication" permission, but I don't think that is the problem in
your case, since it doesn't seem to be even reading the web.config file
(so it wouldn't have got as far as seeing the impersonation setting in
that file).