configuration error (website using Telerik Rad controls)

Cirene

I created a 3.5 ASP.NET website using Teleriks Rad Controls.

It works fine locally, but when I deploy it to the server I get a
"Configuration Error". I am "renting" space on the server so I don't have
access to the GAC, or to install applications, etc...

Any ideas?

Here's teh error....

Server Error in '/robertnzana4/EZNetScheduler' Application.

Configuration Error

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Charting,
Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d14f3dcc8e3e8763' or one of
its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match
the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Source Error:

Line 41: <compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true">
Line 42: <assemblies>
Line 43: <add assembly="Telerik.Charting, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=D14F3DCC8E3E8763"/>
Line 44: <add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
Line 45: <add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>

Source File: d:\hosting\member\robertnzana4\eznetscheduler\web.config
Line: 43

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine
why the assembly 'Telerik.Charting, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=d14f3dcc8e3e8763' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value
[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind
failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value
[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Leon Mayne

Cirene said:
I created a 3.5 ASP.NET website using Teleriks Rad Controls.

It works fine locally, but when I deploy it to the server I get a
"Configuration Error". I am "renting" space on the server so I don't have
access to the GAC, or to install applications, etc...

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Charting,
Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d14f3dcc8e3e8763' or one
of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not
match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Have you got the appropriate telerik dll in your ~/Bin folder?
For charting I'm guessing it's something like
RadChart.Net3.dll

sloan

I would create a folder under your WebApp

\ThirdPartyControls\

And put all the telerik stuff in there.

Then reference them from \ThirdPartyControls\

When you deploy, the dlls should be in the /bin/ directory with all the
other ones.

That's how I do third party controls (and I use telerik for 2.0/3.0).

Cirene

I changed the version to 2.0.1.0 and it seemed to work. I wonder why it
didn't give me an error on my dev machine, only the server. :(

add assembly="Telerik.Charting, Version=2.0.1.0

sloan said:
I would create a folder under your WebApp

\ThirdPartyControls\

And put all the telerik stuff in there.

Then reference them from \ThirdPartyControls\

When you deploy, the dlls should be in the /bin/ directory with all the
other ones.

..

Cirene said:
I created a 3.5 ASP.NET website using Teleriks Rad Controls.

It works fine locally, but when I deploy it to the server I get a
"Configuration Error". I am "renting" space on the server so I don't
have access to the GAC, or to install applications, etc...

Any ideas?

Here's teh error....

Server Error in '/robertnzana4/EZNetScheduler' Application.

Configuration Error
file required to service this request. Please review the specific error
details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.