configuration error (website using Telerik Rad controls)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Cirene, May 23, 2008.

  1. Cirene

    Cirene Guest

    I created a 3.5 ASP.NET website using Teleriks Rad Controls.

    It works fine locally, but when I deploy it to the server I get a
    "Configuration Error". I am "renting" space on the server so I don't have
    access to the GAC, or to install applications, etc...

    Any ideas?

    Here's teh error....

    Server Error in '/robertnzana4/EZNetScheduler' Application.

    Configuration Error

    Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Charting,
    Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d14f3dcc8e3e8763' or one of
    its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match
    the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

    Source Error:

    Line 41: <compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true">
    Line 42: <assemblies>
    Line 43: <add assembly="Telerik.Charting, Version=2.0.0.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=D14F3DCC8E3E8763"/>
    Line 44: <add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
    Line 45: <add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>

    Source File: d:\hosting\member\robertnzana4\eznetscheduler\web.config
    Line: 43

    Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine
    why the assembly 'Telerik.Charting, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=d14f3dcc8e3e8763' could not be loaded.

    WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value
    [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind
    failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value
    [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433;
    ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

    Cirene, May 23, 2008

  2. Cirene

    Leon Mayne Guest

    "Cirene" <> wrote in message
    >I created a 3.5 ASP.NET website using Teleriks Rad Controls.
    >
    > It works fine locally, but when I deploy it to the server I get a
    > "Configuration Error". I am "renting" space on the server so I don't have
    > access to the GAC, or to install applications, etc...
    >
    > Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Charting,
    > Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d14f3dcc8e3e8763' or one
    > of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not
    > match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

    Have you got the appropriate telerik dll in your ~/Bin folder?
    For charting I'm guessing it's something like
    RadChart.Net3.dll

    Leon Mayne, May 23, 2008

  3. Cirene

    sloan Guest

    I would create a folder under your WebApp

    \ThirdPartyControls\

    And put all the telerik stuff in there.

    Then reference them from \ThirdPartyControls\

    When you deploy, the dlls should be in the /bin/ directory with all the
    other ones.

    That's how I do third party controls (and I use telerik for 2.0/3.0).

    sloan, May 23, 2008
  4. Cirene

    Cirene Guest

    I changed the version to 2.0.1.0 and it seemed to work. I wonder why it
    didn't give me an error on my dev machine, only the server. :(

    add assembly="Telerik.Charting, Version=2.0.1.0

    Cirene, May 23, 2008