Configuration Error

Paulo Patricio

Hello !

In my development, sometimes i have this error message :

Configuration Error
configuration file required to service this request.
Please review the specific error details below and modify
your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Can not access file <Some Assembly
Name> because it is being used by another process.

Source Error:

Line 170: <add assembly="System.Drawing,
Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 171: <add
assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.3300.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 172: <add assembly="*"/>
Line 173: </assemblies>
Line 174:

Source File: c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705
\Config\machine.config Line: 172

When i rebbot the machine it's ok.
Thanks in advance.

Paulo.

Alvin Bruney

this is a symptom of the indexing service running on your machine. a reboot
will reset it also. but you can easily turn indexing service off from
control manager. that will make the problem disappear. it is truly annoying
and needs to be addressed by microsoft.