Configuration error ?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Promeneur, Oct 8, 2003.

  1. Promeneur

    Promeneur Guest

    I have a web APS application that works fine at home, with IIS. In IIS, the
    application is an application, not a file folder.

    When I copy the file on the Internet sever, my application does not work
    anymore. I get the message:

    ***

    Server Error in '/' Application.
    ----

    Configuration Error

    in IIS.

    Source Error:

    Line 23: "Forms", "Passport" et "None"
    Line 24: -->
    Line 25: <authentication mode="None" />
    Line 26:
    Line 27:

    Is that really a security issue, or a more general problem? Someone said to
    me it is because I just copied the file in the server directory, the server
    does not know it is an application.

    Maybe it is that, but I have no idea how to declare an application at my
    provider server.

    Er... I hope I am clear enough. Any help?

    Thanks :)
    Promeneur, Oct 8, 2003

  2. Promeneur

    Promeneur Guest

    Bon, c'est réglé, il fallait des paramètres propres au provider.
    Promeneur, Oct 8, 2003

  3. Promeneur

    Me2 Guest

    Are you using the Copy Project within the Project Menu in VS.NET?

    If you specify to use Front Page in the WebAccess Method: portion of the
    dialog box, the copy operation will create the Application IIS virtual
    directory if it does not exist.

    --
    Ralph Page MBA, CMBA, MCDBA, MCSE, CCNA
    "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the
    "Promeneur" <> wrote in message
    > I have a web APS application that works fine at home, with IIS. In IIS,

    the
    > application is an application, not a file folder.
    >

    > When I copy the file on the Internet sever, my application does not work
    > anymore. I get the message:
    >
    > ***
    >
    > Server Error in '/' Application.

    > ----
    >
    > Configuration Error

    file
    > required to service this request. Please review the specific error details
    > below and modify your configuration file appropriately.
    >
    > Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as
    > allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This

    error
    > can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an

    application

    Me2, Oct 9, 2003
  4. Promeneur

    Lauchlan M Guest

    > When I copy the file on the Internet sever, my application does not work
    > anymore. I get the message:
    >
    > ***
    >
    > Server Error in '/' Application.
    > -------------------------------------

    Firtly go into IIS on the hosting solution and make sure your web
    application is configured as a web applicaiton. Go in to Internet Services
    Manager | Default Website. Have a look at the icon for the directory where
    your application is. Does it look a little like a CD or a donut? If not,
    right click on your web applications directory and go to 'properties'. In
    the Directory tab in application settings, there should be an item
    application name. If there is a 'create' button next to this, click it.

    Also, try to make sure you use relative links as "~/default.aspx" instead of
    "/default.aspx". The ~ will make sure it goes to the application root on the
    server which may be a different relative link than "/" was on your
    development machine. "/" will refer to the \wwwroot\ directory, "~/" will
    refer to \wwwroot\MyWebApp\ directory.

    HTH

    Lauchlan M
    Lauchlan M, Oct 9, 2003