    the .Net framework to allow multiple aspnet_wp.exe processes to run?

    Thanks
    Jeff Clausius
    Jeff Clausius, Mar 2, 2005

  2. That's the limitation of IIS 5, you can't -- there is one worker process
    with multiple threads servicing different app domains. Time to upgrade :)

    --
    Manohar Kamath
    Editor, .netWire

    Manohar Kamath, Mar 2, 2005

  3. If all threads exist in one worker process, one bad apple can bring down
    the entire worker process.

    How does the IIS application isolation prevent this? Or does it?

    Jeff Clausius, Mar 3, 2005
  4. From what I know, although there is one worker process, but requests are
    processed on different threads. So, if a request in one thread gets bad, the
    thread just exits with an error, with the aspnet_wp.exe still handling other
    requests.

    Also note that the IIS 5 application isolation applies to the app, and not
    to ASP.NET in particular. Even in high-isolation mode, when apps are running
    out of process of IIS, the requests to ASP.NET pages are still made to the
    worker process.

    --

    > If all threads exist in one worker process, one bad apple can bring down
    > the entire worker process.
    >
    > How does the IIS application isolation prevent this? Or does it?
    >

    > "Manohar Kamath" <> wrote in
    >
    > > That's the limitation of IIS 5, you can't -- there is one worker process
    > > with multiple threads servicing different app domains. Time to upgrade

    :)

    Manohar Kamath, Mar 3, 2005
  5. Great. Thanks for the explanation.

    Jeff