Configuration IIS6 advice

ruca

Hi gurus,

I need your advice in something. I have webapplication in a client that have
Windows 2003 server installed in their server. This means that IIS version
installed is 6.0. With this I decided to take advantage from some
specifications of this version and I create an AppPool that will be used by
WebApplication. I create this to get a better management of woker process
memory. In this AppPool I define some schedules to process recycle.
My indecision is in this two configurations:

1) Maximum virtual memory
2) Maximum used memory

When we must use this, how, and both at same time or only one or another,
etc, etc...

At this moment i define 1) 300 and 2) 120.

Specification of server where IIS is installed
SO: Windows 2003 Server with IIS 6.0
RAM: 512MB (yes, no mistake here)

Client says that the process is to many time recycling.
What is your advice????

--
Programming ASP.NET with VB.NET
Thank's (if you try to help me)

ruca

John Timney \(MVP\)

A single worker process assigned to an app pool (the server default) can
consume about 700meg of RAM, even when its not really doing much. If you
run out of RAM our app will deadlock and recycle.

Never mind even trying to calculate any figures with so little RAM - you
need more RAM - plain and simple.

Regards

John Timney (MVP)
http://www.johntimney.com