Configuration problem, "Could not open file xwork.xml"

Discussion in 'Java' started by schubach, Sep 29, 2005.

  1. schubach

    schubach Guest

    Hi,
    When I click on a link in my war file (which I replicated at the
    following URL)
    http://users.resourceinternational.com/Bernie
    I get the error message at the end of this post. I am running the war
    file under JBoss 3.2.6. On a co-worker's computer with JBoss 3.2.6
    configured the same way, the exact same war file works fine, with the
    link bringing up a templateResult.vm page. When I deploy the war file
    on my computer, I get the warning:
    15:02:28,505 WARN [DefaultConfiguration] Could not find
    webwork.properties
    [2005-09-29 03:02:28,817] Module IdentifyPeopleWAR: Module is
    deployed successfully.

    Could someone please help me?
    HTTP Status 500 -

    type Exception report

    message

    it from fulfilling this request.

    exception

    com.opensymphony.xwork.config.ConfigurationException: Error loading
    configuration file xwork.xml
    with nested exception
    com.opensymphony.xwork.config.ConfigurationException: Caught exception
    while loading file xwork.xml
    with nested exception
    java.lang.Exception: Could not open file xwork.xml
    com.opensymphony.xwork.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.init(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:126)
    com.opensymphony.xwork.config.impl.DefaultConfiguration.reload(DefaultConfiguration.java:85)
    com.opensymphony.xwork.config.ConfigurationManager.getConfiguration(ConfigurationManager.java:56)
    com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionProxyFactory.setupConfigIfActionIsCommand(DefaultActionProxyFactory.java:58)
    com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionProxyFactory.createActionProxy(DefaultActionProxyFactory.java:43)
    com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.ServletDispatcher.serviceAction(ServletDispatcher.java:280)
    com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.ServletDispatcher.service(ServletDispatcher.java:252)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
    org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:75)

    note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
    Tomcat/5.0.28 logs.
    Apache Tomcat/5.0.28
    schubach, Sep 29, 2005

  2. schubach

    HalcyonWild Guest

    schubach wrote:
    > Hi,
    > When I click on a link in my war file (which I replicated at the
    > following URL)
    > http://users.resourceinternational.com/Bernie
    > I get the error message at the end of this post. I am running the war
    > file under JBoss 3.2.6. On a co-worker's computer with JBoss 3.2.6
    > configured the same way, the exact same war file works fine, with the
    > link bringing up a templateResult.vm page. When I deploy the war file

    Classpath. Check classpaths, java_homes, etc. You must have checked,
    but just to be sure
    HalcyonWild, Sep 30, 2005