Configuration problem in ASP.net Website

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Arsalan Ahmad, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Hi all,

    I am developing a simple one page application in ASP.NET which takes an
    input in a text box and print in a label. But when i uploaded it to the
    website i get the following error:

    Configuration Error

    in IIS.

    Source Error:

    Line 36: "Passport" and "None"
    Line 37: -->
    Line 38: <authentication mode="None" />
    Line 39:
    Line 40: <!-- APPLICATION-LEVEL TRACE LOGGING

    Source File: E:\webroot\xxxx\xxxx\xxxx.com\www\WebApplication2\web.config
    Line: 38

    ----

    Version:1.1.4322.573

    I have checked other authentication mode as well but unable to resolve this
    problem. Please help.

    Thanks,

    Arsalan.

    Arsalan Ahmad, Jan 26, 2004

  2. Arsalan Ahmad

    Hermit Dave Guest

    the directory that you uploaded the aspx files to is not marked as virtual
    directory.
    if it is your server then configure that directory to be a virtual
    directory.
    alternatively contact the host and enquire / request that the directory be
    made a virtual directory.

    --
    Regards,
    HD

    Hermit Dave, Jan 26, 2004

  3. Hi,

    Thanks for the reply. After declaring virtual directory now I am getting
    this error when i try to access the page.

    Server Error in '/WebApplication2' Application.
    ----

    Could not find a part of the path "C:\".

    Exception Details: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a
    part of the path "C:\".

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:

    [DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "C:\".]
    System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) +287
    System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path)
    +489
    System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path) +195
    System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.DoFirstTimeInit(HttpContext
    context) +85

    [HttpException (0x80004005): Failed to create temporary files directory
    'C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
    Files\webapplication2\7946c32d\10312955'. Access denied.]
    System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.DoFirstTimeInit(HttpContext
    context) +142

    System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.EnsureFirstTimeInit(HttpContex
    t context) +97

    System.Web.Compilation.PreservedAssemblyEntry.GetPreservedAssemblyEntry(Http
    Context context, String virtualPath, Boolean fApplicationFile) +29
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemFromPreservedCompilation()
    +91
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInternal(Boolean
    fCreateIfNotFound) +148
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemWithNewConfigPath() +125
    System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem() +88
    System.Web.UI.ApplicationFileParser.GetCompiledApplicationType(String
    inputFile, HttpContext context, ApplicationFileParser& parser) +171
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.CompileApplication(HttpContext context)
    +43
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.Init(HttpContext context) +485
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext
    context) +170
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +414

    ----

    Version:1.1.4322.573

    Please reply,

    Thanks,

    Arsalan.

    Arsalan Ahmad, Jan 26, 2004
  4. Arsalan Ahmad

    Hermit Dave Guest

    open your IIS console and check whether the directory you have specified is
    indeed marked as virtual directory and that its path is valid. you should be
    able to browse from within iis just to check it

    Hermit Dave, Jan 26, 2004
  5. Hi,

    Yes it is marked as virtual directory on my PC and i have also marked it as
    virtual directory now on the host server. Any thoughts.

    Thanks,

    Arsalan.

    Arsalan Ahmad, Jan 26, 2004
  6. Arsalan Ahmad

    Hermit Dave Guest

    sorry wasnt around... nah cant think of much,, see what others say... have
    to run for work now...

    Hermit Dave, Jan 26, 2004