    don't find this information. If someone of you has this information and how
    can I do the configuration process. Plese send it to me.
    Thanks
    bittor, Jan 3, 2005

  2. Hi

    > Someone knows how much bytes needs a Spartan 3 1000 to be configured by a
    > Microcontroler? I want to configure my fpga with a XA Microcontroler but I
    > don't find this information. If someone of you has this information and how
    > can I do the configuration process. Plese send it to me.

    About the file size, a XC3S1000 has 3.223.488 bits of configurations ( about 400ko ).
    Note that this comes straight from the xilinx datasheet ...

    For the configuration process, either use the master/serial mode described in
    xilinx docs or use the jtag method. For this one, look at the sources of the
    XC3SProg soft of Andrew Rogers ( http://www.rogerstech.co.uk/xc3sprog/ ).
    If you have a C/C++ compiler you may even need little adaptation
    (beware the code license !)

    Sylvain
    Sylvain Munaut, Jan 3, 2005