ConfigurationSection with duplicate keys?

Guest

I'm trying to setup a email info config section like:
<contactForm>
<email>
<add key="toaddress" value="(e-mail address removed);" />
<add key="toaddress" value="(e-mail address removed);" />
<add key="toaddress" value="(e-mail address removed);" />
<add key="subjectprefix" value="website contact: " />
<add key="smtphost" value="mail.myhost.com" />
<add key="greeting" value="Please feel free to send us your
questions or comments." />
</email>
</contactForm>

the multiple toaddress fields would change in number depending on wether I'm
testing a new page and sending results to administrators etc.
the toaddress field is used to create a MailAddress object for adding to a
MailMessage.
or maybe I need nested tags?
<contactForm>
<email>
<addresses>
<add key="toaddress" value="(e-mail address removed);" />
<add key="toaddress" value="(e-mail address removed);" />
<add key="toaddress" value="(e-mail address removed);" />
</addresses>
Any code samples or links would be appreciated, not sure what class to use
for the ConfigSection handler so it creates a collection of toaddresses.

Thanks for any ideas!

sloan

Using the "key" name is an approach (which you're probably trying to mimick
the AppSettings in the app or web config files.

http://spaces.msn.com/sholliday/ 2/8/2006 entry

I have a custom configuration handler there if you want to look at it.

If it were me, I go with
<contactForm>
<email>
<addresses>
<address value="(e-mail address removed);" />
<address value="(e-mail address removed);" />
</addresses>
</email>
</contactForm>

I wouldn't try to perfectly mimick the microsoft appsettings way... because
they're creating a NamedValueCollection... in a generic fashion.

You know what you're after. Which are 1:N email addresses.

Guest

One easy way to do this without dealing with custom configSection handlers:

<appSettings>
<add key="emailAddresses" value="(e-mail address removed);[email protected];[email protected]" />
</appSettings>

in your code:

string[] emailAddresses =
ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["emailAddresses"].Split(';');

Peter

Guest

Clever! Thanks.

Peter Bromberg said:
One easy way to do this without dealing with custom configSection handlers:

<appSettings>
<add key="emailAddresses" value="(e-mail address removed);[email protected];[email protected]" />
</appSettings>

in your code:

string[] emailAddresses =
ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["emailAddresses"].Split(';');

Peter
http://www.eggheadcafe.com
UnBlog:
http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com