configure font.properties

Kevin Hsu

Hello All,

I got some problem to configure the right font sets
to be used on font.properties file.

Sorry for that, but I am pretty new on Java, and also
new on the Xwindow font set configuration.

Please help to clarify something if you could, thanks
in advance.

1) If the current lang locale has anything to do with
the font.properties file?
I read the online documents, and found Java must read
the basic "font.properties" file, and before reading this
file, it will read the font.properties.<locale> ???

So, can I just keep font.properties file and remove all
other font.properties.<locale> ????

2) I found Java only supports scale fonts set ???
But what is the "scale font set" ???

3) In my case, I would like to show the correct Big5 fonts
on my Java Application. Of course, I have already have
the Big5 fonts, and let's say it is :
(fonts.dir)
hku16et.pcf.gz -hku-fixed-medium-r-normal--16-160-72-72-c-160-big5.et-0
(fonts.alias)
hku16et -hku-fixed-medium-r-normal--16-*-*-*-*-*-big5.et-0

How I can import these configuration into "font.properties" so that
Java can use these fonts???

Please advise, thanks.
Regards,
Kevin

hiwa

Kevin Hsu said:
[...]

Have you already read J2SE standard documentation:
/docs/guide/intl/fontprop.html ?