configure IIS for .asmx

Nalaka

Hi,
I have a asp 2.0 web app with some "webservices" (.asmx).

I can access these if I log into the same machine as IIS.
But from a different machine, I get a 404 "The page cannot be found".

I read on the internet, that this because, IIS, by default does not allow
webservices and I need to "activate" webservices on IIS.

To test, I allowed all under the IIS-webservices-option... but still no
luck.

How do I add .asmx to this list?

any help is appreciated

Thanks
Nalaka

Nalaka

I found the answer....
I did not have a proper account setup for the app to run under.

sorry about the false alarm
Nalaka

Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi Nalaka!

I have the same problem. But i have a proper account to run webservice. But no luck for me. Can you explain in details?

Tnx
/Nave