Configure Virtual Directory as application

bob

Hi,

Trying to test an ASP.net app. on development box running IIS 6
(It's been a while and I have a memory like a goldfish)

(I don't want to run it up in the IDE. I want to access it 'properly'
via localhost and web browser)

Published it and copied published files to a local directory.
Made virtual directory referring to this local directory.

Virtual directory shows up with globe icon in IIS.
How do I get it to be an application directory with the wagon wheel
icon?
I have some application directories under my IIS but I can't see any
difference between them and the one I am trying to make into an
application directory.

this stuff is obviously supposed to be soooo simple that it is not
referred to anywhere that I can see.

thanks
Bob

bob

Found it.
You have to click create in the properties / virtual directory/
Application settings section. Then select your application (which is
immediately available in the box)
Silly me.
When it showed a greyed out 'default application' I figured it was
telling me that it knew to use the application in the directory.

Mr. Arnold

bob said:
Found it.
You have to click create in the properties / virtual directory/
Application settings section. Then select your application (which is
immediately available in the box)
Silly me.
When it showed a greyed out 'default application' I figured it was
telling me that it knew to use the application in the directory.

You can do that in VS as well, by right-clicking the Web project, to
Properties, Web tab, use local IIS and create virtual directory, which
will make it an IIS application.