    Whats seems to be the particular problem?Can anyone point me to the right
    resources to fix this prob?

    Thanks in advance.

    ads, Jun 14, 2006

    Mike Brind Guest

    ads wrote:
    > we have just migrated to a new server both with database and web server-
    > migrating all web projects and all databases.then we decided to rename the
    > new server.we tried running all web projects on the new server but it doesnt
    > work causing error "configured identity incorrect, check username and
    > password" in a certain line in the code.
    > i have searched for possile solutions like synchronizing identity account in
    > the 3 locations where this account is stored but it seems it doesnt work.
    > Earlier i was able to fix scheduled jobs in the database not working caused
    > by renaming the new server which is also the name of the database server.But
    > problems in the web files itself (asp) are giving me headache particularly in
    > code lines with "createobject."
    > Whats seems to be the particular problem?Can anyone point me to the right
    > resources to fix this prob?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    It may help people to identify the source of your problem, or point you
    in the right direction, if you provided the following information:

    1. Type and version of server before move
    2. Type and version of server after move
    3. Type and version of db before move
    4. Type and version of db after move
    5. Nature of "problems in the web files itself (asp)"
    6. Error messages, if any
    7. Relevant lines of code that cause error messages

    --
    Mike Brind

    Mike Brind, Jun 14, 2006

    ads Guest

    The old servers are iis 5.0 and sqlserver2000. Same goes for the new server,
    only the two servers (iis5.0 and sqlserver2000) are residing in one pc.
    Running the asp web application produced an error "configured identity
    incorrect,check username and password" in code lines with createobject
    recordset and application.excel keywords.

    ads, Jun 16, 2006