    ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider at runtime?. If any tutorial/sample
    provided is highly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.
    anbaesivam, Feb 17, 2009

  2. Hi,

    My name is Allen Chen. It's my pleasure to work with you on this issue.

    As to this problem, the general way we'll do is to edit the settings in the
    web.config after publishing the site. It's easy to do so and we only have
    to do that once.

    If you want to create UI for the administrator to edit the web.config file
    you can try the following code:

    Configuration config =
    WebConfigurationManager.OpenWebConfiguration(Context.Request.ApplicationPath
    );
    //Edit ConnectionStringsSection
    ConnectionStringsSection css =
    (ConnectionStringsSection)config.GetSection("connectionStrings");
    if (css != null &&
    !css.SectionInformation.IsProtected) {
    //Here ADConnectionString is the connection string. It
    may vary in your case.

    css.ConnectionStrings["ADConnectionString"].ConnectionString =
    @"LDAP://your connection string";
    }
    //Edit MembershipSection:
    MembershipSection section =
    (MembershipSection)config.GetSection("system.web/membership");
    if (section != null &&
    !section.SectionInformation.IsProtected)
    {
    //Here section.Providers[1] is
    ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider. It may vary in your case.
    section.Providers[1].Parameters["attributeMapUsername"] =
    "sAMAccountName";

    }
    config.Save();

    If you have additional questions please feel free to ask.

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    .