Configuring Data Acces from Enterprise Liblary

nuwanda

I wonder if anybody could help me with configuring my web app.
First of all: where to put config files. I've generated web.config and
dataconfiguration.config. I'be tried to put them to root directory and also
to root/bin but it didn't work.
The next question is why the EL tries to write into server's registry?

nuwanda

Scott Allen

Hi nuwanda:

The config files should go into the root of the directory. Did you use
the configuration UI to build them?

The EL needs registry access to do instrumentation (to do performance
monitoring, for instance). Make sure to run the "Install Services"
link from the EL Start menu link - this should create the required
registry keys.

HTH,

nuwanda

Uzytkownik "Scott Allen said:
Hi nuwanda:

The config files should go into the root of the directory. Did you use
the configuration UI to build them?
Yes.

The EL needs registry access to do instrumentation (to do performance
monitoring, for instance). Make sure to run the "Install Services"
link from the EL Start menu link - this should create the required
registry keys.

The problem is that I don't have an access to registry because server runs
at other mahine. On my local mahine everything works fine. This server is
aspweb.cz - it's a free hosting. But it's not the point.

I don't know if the settings I provided were correct. This is what I wrote:
data source = localhost
initial catalog = my_database
user = username
password = mypass

There is nothing in the documentation about this.

Thank you for your replay :)

nuwanda