Configuring IIS to serve forbidden ASP.Net files

Joined
Oct 19, 2007
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I have a folder on my web server with static files for download. What's annoying is that IIS has a list of file extensions that it will simply refuse to serve as static files. Examples are .vb and .cs files that will return a "This type of page is not served." error if you try to browse to them. Getting rid of the handler mappings will result in a file not found error - IIS won't default to serving them with its static file handler.

I've tried everything I can think of in IIS configurations and my Google searches came up empty too.

Does anyone know of or can think of any way to get IIS to serve all files in a certain folder as static files?

Thanks for any help.