    Thanks in advance.

    BR,

    GAZ

    GAZ, Aug 9, 2007

  2. GAZ

    Fred Chateau Guest

    I'll let someone else point you to the documentation. I just wanted to
    mention that it's actually a whole lot easier once you get use to it.

    If you have any specific questions, post them and I'll try to answer now.

    --
    Regards,

    Fred Chateau
    fchateauAtComcastDotNet

    Fred Chateau, Aug 9, 2007

  3. GAZ

    GAZ Guest

    Thanks for your answer.

    We believe that security setup is the issue at hand. Basically, however we
    set up the IIS when we try to create a web site from VS 2005 we get the
    window showing a message 'Creating website such-and-such' and it just stands
    there. It neither creates the web site nor reports an error.

    Any help is appreciated.

    GAZ

    GAZ, Aug 9, 2007
  4. GAZ

    David Wang Guest

    It's a lot "easier" with IIS5 because it is a lot less secure than
    IIS6. Just about anything could exploit IIS5, so of course you could
    create websites.

    It is in your best interest to understand security and how to develop
    software in the security-conscious world. IIS is not getting any more
    "relaxed" about security, so you can be assured that IIS7 and Vista is
    even stricter.

    VS2005 documentation tells you the two ways that it interacts with IIS
    -- either via FPSE or ADSI+UNC. Make sure you know how you configure
    VS2005 to interact with IIS, and make sure those ports are opened on
    the server's firewall (if it is running). Also, you can check on IIS
    web log files for request status if you are using FPSE.

    Yes, all these things are wide open by default on IIS5 so it just
    works without effort, and they are all disabled by default on IIS6
    because that is the secure way. Security only seems like a pain until
    you understand it; then it is just blatantly obvious.

    //David
    http://w3-4u.blogspot.com
    http://blogs.msdn.com/David.Wang
    //

    David Wang, Aug 9, 2007
  5. GAZ

    GAZ Guest

    Thanks all for your answers. However, we actually set everything right
    (without the docs) and the problem was not security.

    Our web server had everything installed but FPSE. When we installed the FPSE
    from the Control Panel and enabled it for some reason it attached only one
    DLL to the IIS.

    We actually had to re-install the IIS and had to enable the FPSE from the
    setup to get all DLLs attached.

    Evereything works like a charm now.

    BR,

    GAZ