Configuring Python for Tk on Mac (continued)

Martyn Quick

From: Alex Martelli ([email protected])
No idea about any 10.2, sorry, but on 10.3 that's not the problem: Tk
support is there alright, it's Tcl/Tk which _isn't_. Get MacPython, its
PackageManager will explain where to get Tcl/Tk Aqua from, as a prereq
for Tkinter and IDLE!

Ok, I've installed MacPython. It doesn't seem to work right though...
for example, if I try to run the 00-HELLO-WORLD.py example then it
crashes and tells me the IDE has unexpectedly crashed.

I can't really see how to run things either. (I'm used to just typing
"python" in a terminal on Unix but that seems to just run the version
that comes pre-installed.)

Sorry for not knowing much about Macs and being a bit clueless.

Martyn

Kevin Walzer