Configuring Ruby On rails on Windows XP

rubygujarat

Hi Ruby Folks,

I am using Komodo 4.2 as an IDE for working with Ruby. I have already
installed Instant Rails and its working fine.

The few problems i am facing are...
(1) Cannot make MySQL and MSSQL work with Instant rails
(2) WebRick server does not show, all i get is Mongrel

I am looking for an perfect tutorial that can help me work with Ruby
on Rails perfectly on windows XP with service pack 2 installed.

Thanks

IronRuby

Mohit Sindhwani

Hi Ruby Folks,

I am using Komodo 4.2 as an IDE for working with Ruby. I have already
installed Instant Rails and its working fine.

The few problems i am facing are...
(1) Cannot make MySQL and MSSQL work with Instant rails
(2) WebRick server does not show, all i get is Mongrel

Can you explain what you have done and what problems you are having.
InstantRails works perfectly well for me.

Cheers
Mohit.

Eric Hodel

I am looking for an perfect tutorial that can help me work with Ruby
on Rails perfectly on windows XP with service pack 2 installed.

You want the rails mailing list then. (e-mail address removed)

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Can't help you there.

Mongrel is the server of choice -- unless you've got a serious emotional
need for WEBrick, I'd recommend staying with Mongrel. :)

Well ... if you want something *perfect*, you'll have to

a. Wait forever
b. Not use Windows :)