configuring sqldatasource to use a stored procedure from the aspnetdb

ryan.d.rembaum

PLEASE HELP!!

I am trying to do what I think should be the simplest thing. In
Visual Studio 2005, I set up a datagrid and then went ot configure a
datasource for it. I made my connection to the database using the
same connection string as I used to view the databse in server
explorer. (In server explorer I see all stored procedures). I then
go through the wizard and choose "Specify a custom SQL Statement or
Stored Procedure." Then go on to the next page. None of the stored
procedures that come as part of the aspnetdb show up in the drop down
list. I am the dbo. I created my own stored procedures and those
ones do show up. Those are the only ones. I can also see the
database tables. I tried changing user permission on every user that
has access to the aspnetdb, making them all database owners and still,
but that did not help. Trying to execute the stored procedure as a
query also does not work.

My custom stored procedures and the ones that come with the aspnetdb
both show owner: DBO and type USER. I can't understand why only my
custom stored procedures should show in the drop down. Can someone
please help me!

Environment: Windows 2000, SQL Server 2000 on a separate box, Visual
Studio 2005

Thanks!
Ryan