CONfiguring TOMCAT to tun PHP

Discussion in 'Java' started by Praveen, Apr 13, 2005.

  1. Praveen

    Praveen Guest

    Hi,

    I am a newbie and I would like to know a couple of things regarding
    running PHP in TOMCAT. As the preliminary step I installed PHP and
    TOMCAT. Configure as prescribed from the information available in
    http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/running-php-5x-on-windows-using-tomcat-4x-or-5x/

    But came up with the error

    root cause

    java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: send
    net.php.servlet.send(Native Method)
    net.php.servlet.service(servlet.java:190)
    net.php.servlet.service(servlet.java:214)

    Can anyone guide me on this... Why I am getting this error? Many a
    places I saw the posting that PHP cannot be solely be configured with
    TOMCAT. Do we need to have an Apache server also?

    Thank you very much for your valuable time.

    Regards,
    Praveen.

    Praveen, Apr 13, 2005