Configuring VS 2003 when building custom web controls

Peter Zolja

Hi,

Here's how I have setup a test solution:

-- Project1
| |-- WebForm1.aspx

-- Library1
|-- CustomControl1

Each project has different folders on disk. WebForm1.aspx uses
CustomControl1 (with CustomControl1 being registered in the Toolbox -- but
this doesn't seem to matter). Every time I build the solution Library1.dll
is created in the ./Library1/bin/Debug folder as well as the ./Project1/bin
folder (not sure why?). Every time I make a change to CustomControl1 I need
to go to ./Project1/bin and delete Library1.dll and reopen the solution
(otherwise the old version is used), which can get annoying really fast :)

Is there a way to tell VS2003 to not generate Library1.dll in both locations
and to use the latest version automatically?! Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you,
Peter.