Configuring VS 2003 when building custom web controls

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Peter Zolja, Mar 3, 2006.

  1. Peter Zolja

    Peter Zolja Guest

    Hi,

    Here's how I have setup a test solution:

    -- Project1
    | |-- WebForm1.aspx

    -- Library1
    |-- CustomControl1

    Each project has different folders on disk. WebForm1.aspx uses
    CustomControl1 (with CustomControl1 being registered in the Toolbox -- but
    this doesn't seem to matter). Every time I build the solution Library1.dll
    is created in the ./Library1/bin/Debug folder as well as the ./Project1/bin
    folder (not sure why?). Every time I make a change to CustomControl1 I need
    to go to ./Project1/bin and delete Library1.dll and reopen the solution
    (otherwise the old version is used), which can get annoying really fast :)

    Is there a way to tell VS2003 to not generate Library1.dll in both locations
    and to use the latest version automatically?! Any suggestions are welcome.

    Thank you,
    Peter.
    Peter Zolja, Mar 3, 2006