Confirm after saving (asp.net)

CalSun

Hi all,
I need your help. I have an asp.net page with a simple component. After
users hit the Save button, I like to confirm them with a message including
the record #. What is the best way to do this? Thanks.
--CalSun

CalSun

Thanks Steve.
I am sorry that I was not clear myself.

After users click on the Save button, they confirm 'Yes'. Server side will
process the users' request and right here, I'd like to prompt the users
something like: "Your record number is: RecNum". RecNum varies on each
request.

--CalSun

Guest

You can have a literal control on your asp.net page and on server after save
generate a little javascript alert statement on the fly and set it to literal
control text

Thanks,
<Ram/>

CalSun

Thanks.
--CalSun
Ram said:
You can have a literal control on your asp.net page and on server after
save
generate a little javascript alert statement on the fly and set it to
literal
control text

Thanks,
<Ram/>

CalSun

Thanks.
I understand your article and it's a great one indeed. I bookmarked the
article for further references, but I use Ram's solution for just now.
--CalSun

Guest

if you are using any user input in the javascript that gets created Just make
sure you validate it before writing to literal control, so that you won't
expose yourself to cross-site scripting problem

Thanks,
<Ram/>