Conflict between VS2003 and VS 2005

David Gildea

Hi All,

I am having a problem with IIS 5.1 when opening new web projects on VS2003.
I have recently installed VS 2005 on the same machine. Is anyone aware of a
conflict between them. The error is "HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error"

Thanks

Dave

John Saunders

David Gildea said:
Hi All,

I am having a problem with IIS 5.1 when opening new web projects on
VS2003. I have recently installed VS 2005 on the same machine. Is anyone
aware of a conflict between them. The error is "HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error"

You should try getting a command prompt. Then cd to
%WINDIR%\Microsoft.Net\Framework\V1.1.4322. Then run "aspnet_regiis -i".

Usually, installing a framework version runs the above command for the new
framework version, so you're probably set up for 2.0 right now.

John Saunders

Guest

Thanks for the reply John,

I have tried that and checked the aspnet_iisreg -lv which displays that the
V1.1.4322 is the current version and I am stil getting the error. The only
differnece to my machine are VS 2005 and Apache 2.0.47 which is switched off.
Could that have some effect. Older versions of apache didnt.

Any help is much appreciated,

Thanks

Dave

Guest

Come on David..there are always confilcts with BETA code. I tried installing
both of these on my TEST box and I saw this conflict right away. What you
could do is on the default website properties there is a new tab called
ASP.NET, check to see what version is being used. Make sure 1.1 is the
current framework being used.