Confused about Assembly naming with Namespace

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Elmo Watson, Sep 7, 2007.

  1. Elmo Watson

    Elmo Watson Guest

    OK - here's the situation - I want my namespace to be:
    MyCompanyName.Controls

    I want my custom web control to be called:
    MyControl (myControl.dll, or MyCompanyName.Controls.MyControl.dll - whatever
    is expected)

    Then, when I declare it in the project, it will be like this:
    Dim ctl as new MyCompanyName.Controls.MyControl

    However, after putting:
    MyControl
    in the assembly name box of the Application Tab (MyProject)
    and
    MyCompanyName.Controls
    in the Root Namespace textbox, the only way to get it in code is:
    Dim ctl as new
    MyCompanyName.Controls.MyCompanyName.Controls.MyControl.myControl

    In my AssemblyInfo.vb, I see:
    <Assembly: AssemblyTitle("MyControl")>
    <Assembly: AssemblyDescription("")>
    <Assembly: AssemblyCompany("MyCompanyName")>
    <Assembly: AssemblyProduct("MyControl")>

    where am I going wrong?

    Elmo Watson, Sep 7, 2007