Confused about catalog

Martin Plantec

Hello,

I want to use jade but I'm confused with the catalog issue. I have both
onsgmls and openjade installed, and the onsgmls works fine. I have
SGML_CATALOG_FILES set to /home/martin/sgml/catalog, and the content of
this file is:

CATALOG "pubtext/xml.soc"
CATALOG "dsssl/catalog"

But when I issue

openjade.exe -d mysheet.dsl -t rtf myxml.xml

I get:

openjade:/home/martin/sgml/dsssl/style-sheet.dtd:11:2:E: unknown
declaration type "element"
openjade:/home/martin/sgml/dsssl/style-sheet.dtd:13:2:E: unknown
declaration type "element"
openjade:/home/martin/sgml/dsssl/style-sheet.dtd:14:2:E: unknown
declaration type "attlist"
openjade:/home/martin/sgml/dsssl/style-sheet.dtd:18:2:E: unknown
declaration type "element"
openjade:/home/martin/sgml/dsssl/style-sheet.dtd:19:2:E: unknown
declaration type "attlist"
openjade:/home/martin/sgml/dsssl/style-sheet.dtd:22:2:E: unknown
declaration type "element"
openjade:/home/martin/sgml/dsssl/style-sheet.dtd:23:2:E: unknown
declaration type "attlist"
openjade:/home/martin/sgml/dsssl/style-sheet.dtd:29:2:E: unknown
declaration type "element"
etc.

What do I need to add or correct?

Thanks

Martin

Richard Tobin

Martin Plantec said:
openjade:/home/martin/sgml/dsssl/style-sheet.dtd:11:2:E: unknown
declaration type "element"

You appear to be using an SGML DTD, not an XML one.

-- Richard

Martin Plantec

Hi Robin,
You appear to be using an SGML DTD, not an XML one.

Thanks for responding, however I'm not able to use your answer as it is
now; what do I need to change, practically? The style-sheet.dtd is
fetched automatically by openjade. Do you refer to the DTD of my XML
file?

Thank you,

Martin

Martin Plantec

Hello,
You appear to be using an SGML DTD, not an XML one.

Thanks for responding, however I'm not able to use your answer as it is
now; what do I need to change, practically? The style-sheet.dtd is
fetched automatically by openjade. Do you refer to the DTD of my XML
file?

Thank you,

Martin

Richard Tobin

You appear to be using an SGML DTD, not an XML one.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for responding, however I'm not able to use your answer as it is
now; what do I need to change, practically? The style-sheet.dtd is
fetched automatically by openjade. Do you refer to the DTD of my XML
file?

I'm just guessing, based on the error message, but presumably your
DSSSL stylesheet is in XML and refers to the DTD style-sheet.dtd, but
your catalog entry for style-sheet.dtd is pointing to an SGML DTD. If
so, you need to change your catalog to point to an XML DTD instead.

-- Richard