Confused about catalog

Discussion in 'XML' started by Martin Plantec, Oct 24, 2006.

  1. Hello,

    I want to use jade but I'm confused with the catalog issue. I have both
    onsgmls and openjade installed, and the onsgmls works fine. I have
    SGML_CATALOG_FILES set to /home/martin/sgml/catalog, and the content of
    this file is:

    CATALOG "pubtext/xml.soc"
    CATALOG "dsssl/catalog"

    But when I issue

    openjade.exe -d mysheet.dsl -t rtf myxml.xml

    I get:

    openjade:/home/martin/sgml/dsssl/style-sheet.dtd:11:2:E: unknown
    declaration type "element"
    openjade:/home/martin/sgml/dsssl/style-sheet.dtd:13:2:E: unknown
    declaration type "element"
    openjade:/home/martin/sgml/dsssl/style-sheet.dtd:14:2:E: unknown
    declaration type "attlist"
    openjade:/home/martin/sgml/dsssl/style-sheet.dtd:18:2:E: unknown
    declaration type "element"
    openjade:/home/martin/sgml/dsssl/style-sheet.dtd:19:2:E: unknown
    declaration type "attlist"
    openjade:/home/martin/sgml/dsssl/style-sheet.dtd:22:2:E: unknown
    declaration type "element"
    openjade:/home/martin/sgml/dsssl/style-sheet.dtd:23:2:E: unknown
    declaration type "attlist"
    openjade:/home/martin/sgml/dsssl/style-sheet.dtd:29:2:E: unknown
    declaration type "element"
    etc.

    What do I need to add or correct?

    Thanks

    Martin
    Martin Plantec, Oct 24, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    Martin Plantec <> wrote:

    >openjade:/home/martin/sgml/dsssl/style-sheet.dtd:11:2:E: unknown
    >declaration type "element"

    You appear to be using an SGML DTD, not an XML one.

    -- Richard
    Richard Tobin, Oct 24, 2006

  3. Hi Robin,

    > >openjade:/home/martin/sgml/dsssl/style-sheet.dtd:11:2:E: unknown
    > >declaration type "element"

    > You appear to be using an SGML DTD, not an XML one.

    Thanks for responding, however I'm not able to use your answer as it is
    now; what do I need to change, practically? The style-sheet.dtd is
    fetched automatically by openjade. Do you refer to the DTD of my XML
    file?

    Thank you,

    Martin
    Martin Plantec, Oct 25, 2006
  4. Hello,

    Martin Plantec, Oct 25, 2006
  5. In article <>,
    Martin Plantec <> wrote:

    >> >openjade:/home/martin/sgml/dsssl/style-sheet.dtd:11:2:E: unknown
    >> >declaration type "element"

    >> You appear to be using an SGML DTD, not an XML one.

    >Thanks for responding, however I'm not able to use your answer as it is
    >now; what do I need to change, practically? The style-sheet.dtd is
    >fetched automatically by openjade. Do you refer to the DTD of my XML
    >file?

    I'm just guessing, based on the error message, but presumably your
    DSSSL stylesheet is in XML and refers to the DTD style-sheet.dtd, but
    your catalog entry for style-sheet.dtd is pointing to an SGML DTD. If
    so, you need to change your catalog to point to an XML DTD instead.

    -- Richard
    Richard Tobin, Oct 25, 2006