Confused about JSP-only WAR file

ohaya

Hi,

I am trying to create a JSP-only WAR file "manually", and have some
questions.

I am first creating a directory structure as follows:

e:\work

e:\work\myjspapp
- foo1.jsp
- foo2.jsp

e:\work\myjspapp\images
- a bunch of image files used by JSPs

e:\work\myjspapp\WEB-INF
- web.xml

The web.xml file contains:

<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
2.2//EN" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd">
<web-app>
<servlet>
<servlet-name>foo1</servlet-name>
<jsp-file>foo1.jsp</jsp-file>
<servlet-name>foo2</servlet-name>
<jsp-file>foo2.jsp</jsp-file>
</servlet>
<display-name>MyJSPApp</display-name>
<description>This is my JSP Appplication</description>
<welcome-file-list>
<welcome-file>foo1.jsp</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>
</web-app>

I guess that my first question is: Does the above structure and does
the web.xml look all right?

Assuming that it is, do I:

1) cd e:\work, then
jar cvf myjspapp.war myjspapp

OR

2) cd e:\work\myjspapp, then
jar cvf myjspapp.war *

OR

Something else?

Sorry if this might be a silly question, and thanks for your patience,
but I'm in a situation that I'm having to build the WAR "by hand"...

Thanks,
Jim

alchemist

whatever you are trying to do seems right.
just one thing, zip the files and rename it as .jar. it will do.

ohaya

alchemist said:
whatever you are trying to do seems right.
just one thing, zip the files and rename it as .jar. it will do.

alchemist,

You didn't quite answer my question, but FYI, I was able to get it
working today using #2...

Thanks,
Jim