Confused about whether I should use WAT?

Steve

I am writing a web application which requires users to register and
login in order for them to be able to carry out tasks such as adding
articles, uploading photos etc.

Now, I have been looking at the Web Site Administratin Tool in ASP.Net
2.0 and the CreateUserWizard and these seem to be dependent on a
default database which is created.

So my question is simply this: If I want the user table to be in my own
database and related to my other tables, should I not use features such
as the Web Administration Tool or the CreateUserWizard?

Will I have to basically code everything just like we used to do with
asp?