Confusing docs . . . how do I use gcd2?

Matt

The standard library docs don't make sense to me a lot of the time.
How do I use the gcd2 method in class Integer (or is it in file
mathn.rb . . . no idea)?

Michael W. Ryder

Justin said:
Justin said:
Matt said:
The standard library docs don't make sense to me a lot of the time.
How do I use the gcd2 method in class Integer (or is it in file
mathn.rb . . . no idea)?

Here's a link to what I'm looking at:
http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/mathn/rdoc/classes/Integer.html#M000926
Both, sort of.

irb(main):001:0> require 'mathn'
=> true
irb(main):002:0> 12.gcd(4)
=> 4

-Justin

Sorry, that should be gcd2.

-Justin
For your information gcd works with 1.9.1 but gcd2 does not. Not sure
what the difference between gcd and gcd2 are and why gcd2 was dropped
from mathn in 1.9.1.

Justin Collins

Michael said:
Justin said:
Justin said:
Matt wrote:

The standard library docs don't make sense to me a lot of the time.
How do I use the gcd2 method in class Integer (or is it in file
mathn.rb . . . no idea)?

Here's a link to what I'm looking at:
http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/mathn/rdoc/classes/Integer.html#M000926

Both, sort of.

irb(main):001:0> require 'mathn'
=> true
irb(main):002:0> 12.gcd(4)
=> 4

-Justin

Sorry, that should be gcd2.

-Justin
For your information gcd works with 1.9.1 but gcd2 does not. Not sure
what the difference between gcd and gcd2 are and why gcd2 was dropped
from mathn in 1.9.1.

I don't know, exactly, either.
Here is the thread referenced by the changelog:
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-core/7931

-Justin