Confusion on nothing

John

Hi

I am confused over how to check for nulls (Nothing in vb.net?). For instance
I am trying to create user in my vb.net/asp.net app as below;

Dim newUser As MembershipUser = Membership.CreateUser(Username, Password,
Email, passwordQuestion, passwordAnswer, True, status)
If (newUser = Nothing) Then

But I get an "Operator '=' is not defined for types
'System.Web.Security.MembershipUser' and
'System.Web.Security.MembershipUser'. " error on the second line above. What
is the correct method to check for nothing in vb.net?

Thanks

Regards

Van den Driessche Willy

Use the "Is" operator