Congratulations to Karl Seguin on his Ajax article published at MSDN!

Mr Newbie

My mum used to use Ajax to clean our toilet when I was a kid, but I dont
think they sell it anymore

;-D

Seriously though. This looks like a great article, it must be pretty good to
get published on MSDN. Just out of interest, how does one get an article
publshed there ?

Chris Botha

Hahaa - that's exactly what I thought when I saw the name for the first time
and I was wondering if the name was a cleaner product in other parts of the
world as well. We were living in South Africa then, where in the world did
your mom use it? I don't know if it is a North American product (haven't
seen it on the racks, but then I don't shop for cleaner products all that
often).

Mr Newbie

I noticed your name earlier and thought ( My god it may be a relation to the
old president of South Africa ).

;-D

Actually, Im from the UK and Ajax used to be sold in a round canister made
of cardboard with a metal top which you could shake the powder from. ( It
allways reminded me of ant powder ).

Mr Newbie

It may come as some suprise, but I did realise that it would take more than
telepathy.

Thanks for the link

;-D

Kevin Spencer

Actually, Mr. N, Ajax used to come in the same container in the wild,
undisciplined U.S. back when we were both kids (you and I) on opposite sides
of the Atlantic.

At least I now have some idea of your age! ;-)

--

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP

Kevin Spencer

Excellent Article! Added to my Favorites!

--

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP

John Timney \( MVP \)

why dont you write something?

--
Regards

John Timney
ASP.NET MVP
Microsoft Regional Director

Mr Newbie

Oh, well. I would John, but I feel dwarfed by greatness. I'm really only a
beginner compared to many of the experts who tread these hallowed halls.

Perhaps when I get a little more familiar with the technology I will take a
stab at putting something useful together and sumbitting it.

Until then, I'm afraid I will be doing the reading rather than the writing.

Mr Newbie

Yes, unfortunately I have crossed the awful border this year into ( Damn I
can hardly say it out loud ), OK OK, I'm forty years old now and what of it
????

The secret is out I'm a sixties baby. Probably explains why I have
hallucinations as my parents were both hippies.

Only Kidding about the 'Hippies'.

Having said that, I watched an interesting documentary on Genetics yesterday
and It would appear from recent studies that DNA chromosomes which can be
turned on or off by traumatic events like poisenous gas, pesticides + other
causes like infection can get transferred to our offspring rather than them
starting off with a clean genetic slate.

It appears we are custodians of our future generations genetic inheritance
due to the things we experience in the present. For example, famine in
generation One can have an affect in generation Five and mothers can send
genetic chemical signals to prevent growth in the later stages of pregnancy
if the baby is getting to big for the opening.

Interesting Stuff !!

--
Best Regards

The Inimitable Mr Newbie º¿º

John Timney \( MVP \)

Just think about how much work it takes to do an article, and how much you
would learn, and then transpose that information into something useful for
others at a level that othes can understand. By writing, you have to take
the time out to reserch your subject, which in itself is a great learning
curve for beginners. The trick is find a subject your interested in about
the technology - like an insight into the new breadcrumb control, or
web.config explained.

All of the people who spend time in these groups helping out started as
beginners, and msot of them at some time started that bit of research that
led to a good article. I'm going to look forward to seeing yours up there
some day. :0)

--
Regards

John Timney
ASP.NET MVP
Microsoft Regional Director

Mr Newbie

John,

What you are saying is of course very true. As you point out research is a
key element, and writing about the subject does greatly assist learning, as
it cements ones new knowledge, by fusing action with experience, thus giving
the engrams an extra anchor to keep them firmly locked into the noggin.

I feel though, that the really good writers are able give their work spatial
volume as well as detail. This is only possible if one has an excellent
grasp of not only the subject, but that which surrounds it.

I do look forward to the day that I will be able to post something worth
while, and perhaps when this day comes you would be willing to do an
editorial review on my work ?

I have included a pair of editors glasses below for such an event ( I hope
they fit ).

O^O

;-D

Chris Botha

No relation, mine is the second most common last name there.
I guess that figures, SA was a British colony, same kind of sports, cricket,
rugby, etc, cardboard AJAX (I want to say green) and do I miss a good plate
of fish and chips.

Mr Newbie

Well, dont deny yourself the fish and chips, just dont sprinkle and Ajax on
them !

:-D

Karl Seguin

I have a tendency to miss threads about myself :)

Thanks all for the comments :)

About the name "Ajax", I hope everyone noted how the article ended

" Now, let's prove that the ASP.NET community is second to none, and let's
clean house. "

This was meant as a double pun on both the cleaner ajax (clean house) and
the greek character Ajax (second to none)

karl