  1. s j shah

    s j shah Guest

    How to connect server2005 and insert,delete,update record in database.plz help me

    s j shah, Sep 28, 2007

  2. s j shah

    Jon Guest

    Jon, Sep 28, 2007

  3. For a simple tutorial on data handling in ASP.NET, using SQL Server 2005 Express, see :

    http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/doc/data/default.aspx

    Also, this 3-part tutorial will teach you all you need to know:

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms345152.aspx
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms345150.aspx
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms345153.aspx

    Download the sample code and study it.

    If you haven't downloaded SQL Management Studio Express yet, d/l and install it :
    It makes managing SQL Server Express 2005 a whole lot easier.

    There's a version of SQL Server Express 2005 which includes
    SQL Server Management Studio Express (SSMSE).

    It's called "SQL Server 2005 Express Edition with Advanced Services".

    You can download it, and also the stand-alone version of SSMSE, at :
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/express/bb410792.aspx

    One last suggestion...

    Download ASPXFormsGen, a free tool which generates data acess web forms
    using as its basis a pointer to any data table...and study the code it produces:

    http://www.junnark.com/DownloadAspxFormsGen.aspx

    The tutorial on how to use ASPXFormsGen is here :
    http://www.junnark.com/AspxFormsGenExp.aspx

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, Sep 28, 2007