    I know how to do his through the Qt library, but that's
    unavailable at this particular system.

    Rune

    Rune Allnor, Mar 22, 2011

  2. On 22 mar, 09:20, Rune Allnor <> wrote:
    > I'd like to connect to a database, using an ODBC connection,
    > from a C++ application.
    >
    > What options do I have, sticking with standard C++ as long
    > as possible?

    There is the SOCI project which is released under boost license and is
    rather standard C++/Boost friendly.
    But the ODBC backend is not officially maintained:
    http://soci.sourceforge.net/

    --
    Michael

    Michael Doubez, Mar 22, 2011

  3. Rune Allnor

    Goran Guest

    On Mar 22, 9:20 am, Rune Allnor <> wrote:
    > Hi all.
    >
    > I'd like to connect to a database, using an ODBC connection,
    > from a C++ application.
    >
    > What options do I have, sticking with standard C++ as long
    > as possible?
    >
    > I know how to do his through the Qt library, but that's
    > unavailable at this particular system.

    iODBC, perhaps? (http://www.iodbc.org). But you'll still need database
    driver for your system and database.

    Goran.