Connect to database from C++?

Rune Allnor

Hi all.

I'd like to connect to a database, using an ODBC connection,
from a C++ application.

What options do I have, sticking with standard C++ as long
as possible?

I know how to do his through the Qt library, but that's
unavailable at this particular system.

Rune

Michael Doubez

I'd like to connect to a database, using an ODBC connection,
from a C++ application.

What options do I have, sticking with standard C++ as long
as possible?

There is the SOCI project which is released under boost license and is
rather standard C++/Boost friendly.
But the ODBC backend is not officially maintained:
http://soci.sourceforge.net/

Goran

Hi all.

I'd like to connect to a database, using an ODBC connection,
from a C++ application.

What options do I have, sticking with standard C++ as long
as possible?

I know how to do his through the Qt library, but that's
unavailable at this particular system.

iODBC, perhaps? (http://www.iodbc.org). But you'll still need database
driver for your system and database.

Goran.