Connect to remote db with SQL Mgt Express 2008

helveticus

Hi, quick question on SQL Studion Mgt Expres (SSMES) 2208.

Is it possible to connect to a remote db from within SSMES 2008?. The
options in the welcome screen show: Database Engine and SQL Server
Compact Edition only. On SSME 2005, there was an option to connect to
remote db's. This did allow me to connect to my ISP db. Is this gone
in the express version?

TIA

Guest

Hi, quick question on SQL Studion Mgt Expres (SSMES) 2208.

Is it possible to connect to a remote db from within SSMES 2008?. The
options in the welcome screen show: Database Engine and SQL Server
Compact Edition only. On SSME 2005, there was an option to connect to
remote db's. This did allow me to connect to my ISP db. Is this gone
in the express version?

TIA

It works with any server, regardless of the location of the servers.
The "Database Engine" option is what you need: just type the server
name and its authentication data.

Hope this helps.