Connect to SQL Server remote database

Rnt6872

Hello. All,

I've been trying to connect to my hosting company's (Go Daddy) remote
database. But continuously receive "Server does not allow remote
connections". Do I need a open_source database, or what to have my
web application connect to a remote database?
Please forward any information you may have. Thnak you in advance.

Mark Rae [MVP]

I've been trying to connect to my hosting company's (Go Daddy) remote
database. But continuously receive "Server does not allow remote
connections". Do I need a open_source database,

No - you need to find another ISP...

GoDaddy really are worse than useless...

Mark Rae [MVP]

Perhaps you should ask your hosting service.

Although that won't do the OP any good in this case, other than for them to
confirm that they don't support what he's trying to do...