    Is it posssible to connect to Sql Server using DSN?

    Thanks,
    Ben
    Ben, Sep 9, 2004

  2. Ben

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    Yes...

    Cheers
    Ken

    Ken Schaefer, Sep 9, 2004

  3. Ben

    Ben Guest

    Hi,

    Got to use the odbc .net data provider?

    Our application is already using Sql server .net data provider. Is it as
    easy as switching to the odbc .net data provider? Will the the codes for the
    Sql server .net data provider will work in the odbc .net data provider as
    well?

    Do you have a sample connection string that utilizes the DSN?

    Thanks,
    Ben

    Ben, Sep 9, 2004
  4. Ben

    Paul Roberts Guest

    Hi Ben,

    Have a look at this website it has lots of different connection string
    examples http://www.able-consulting.com/ADO_Conn.htm

    I'll ask a silly question too, why do you need to use a DSN to connect to
    SQL server? I is faster to use the .net SQL Server provider.

    Cheers
    Paul

    Paul Roberts, Sep 10, 2004