Connected users list

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Mircea Pleteriu, Jun 9, 2005.

  1. How to get the list of the users connected to my system?
    Mircea Pleteriu, Jun 9, 2005

  2. Hello Mircea,

    again - how are they connected.

    if using a file share - it's in computer management -> shared folders ->
    sessions

    this information can be obtained via WMI (System.Management)

    ---------------------------------------
    Dominick Baier - DevelopMentor
    http://www.leastprivilege.com

    Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor], Jun 9, 2005

  3. Hi,

    My computer is part of a LAN.
    Other users can logon (remotly) my system. I want to detect them.

    The WMI on XP has some classes such as LoggedOnUser and LogonSession which
    give the currenly loggedon users.
    But this classes does not exist in WMI on W2k.

    Mircea Pleteriu, Jun 9, 2005
  4. Mircea Pleteriu

    [MSFT] Guest

    Did you mean the user connect to your windows 2000 server with terminal
    Service? If so, maybe you can check the terminal Service manager to check
    the logon user list.

    Luke
    [MSFT], Jun 9, 2005
  5. Hello Mircea,

    you could monitor the security log for logon events...

    this can be established by the EventLog class or WMI

    for an example on how to monitor the event log using .net:
    http://www.leastprivilege.com/PermaLink.aspx?guid=b02570d2-eb14-4dec-a504-1c8732d69d61

    Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor], Jun 9, 2005
  6. That's what I need... thanks

    Mircea Pleteriu, Jun 9, 2005