Connecting a form to a database with DreamWorks

Benjamin

Hi,

~If this is the wrong place to ask this I apologize and please point me in
the right direction.

Can anybody give me or direct me to a brief tutorial on getting a feedback
form on a website to send the responses to a database using DreamWorks. I
found one for Front Page but that's not gonna do me any good. I will check
back here, but if you could also send a copy to my email I would sure
appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Ben.

David Dorward

Benjamin said:
Can anybody give me or direct me to a brief tutorial on getting a feedback
form on a website to send the responses to a database using DreamWorks.

The only references I can find to DreamWorks on the web are to a film
company. Did you mean Dreamweaver?

To store data in a database you need a server side component of some form.
The code you found for Frontpage is most likely for Frontpage Extensions,
which are such a server side component. I don't believe that Dreamweaver
has such a thing.

Of course you can use any server side component you like, you don't need
something tied to the editor. The specifics depend rather on the server
software you run. <http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/> is a good
resource.