    Thanks

    p/s May I know what does it mean by schema?

    , Jul 17, 2007

  2. Ian Wilson Guest

    wrote:
    > I try to follow up on the tutorial : Connecting a GUI to a Derby
    > Database with NetBeans IDE
    >
    > http://www.netbeans.org/kb/50/gui-database.html
    >
    > However, I get the following error when I try to perform execution :
    >
    > JdbcRowSet (execute) : Schema 'NBUSER' does not exsit

    It looks like you retyped this message. I always use cut & paste to
    avoid accidentally misleading people because of typing errors.

    > I do perform check on jdbc:derby://locahost:1527/contact_database
    > property, I do see there is a schema field, with value NBUSER.
    >
    > May I know what else I had missed out?

    Unless you specify otherwise, Derby uses your user name uppercased as a
    schema name.

    When using Derby, I enable authentication in derby.properties. In my
    application code I explicitly set the schema using a statement such as
    statement.executeUpdate("set schema 'APP'")

    In your case I don't see what caused the problem.

    > p/s May I know what does it mean by schema?

    A database entity that consists of one or more tables, views, triggers,
    and so on. A schema provides a way to group a subset of tables within a
    database. A schema name qualifies a table name within a database.

    <http://support.cs.nott.ac.uk/help/docs/java/JDK12EE/cloudscape/doc/html/tutorial/gloss.htm>

    Ian Wilson, Jul 17, 2007