Connecting a GUI to a Derby Database with NetBeans IDE

yancheng.cheok

I try to follow up on the tutorial : Connecting a GUI to a Derby
Database with NetBeans IDE

http://www.netbeans.org/kb/50/gui-database.html

However, I get the following error when I try to perform execution :

JdbcRowSet (execute) : Schema 'NBUSER' does not exsit

I do perform check on jdbc:derby://locahost:1527/contact_database
property, I do see there is a schema field, with value NBUSER.

May I know what else I had missed out?

Thanks

p/s May I know what does it mean by schema?

Ian Wilson

I try to follow up on the tutorial : Connecting a GUI to a Derby
Database with NetBeans IDE

http://www.netbeans.org/kb/50/gui-database.html

However, I get the following error when I try to perform execution :

JdbcRowSet (execute) : Schema 'NBUSER' does not exsit

It looks like you retyped this message. I always use cut & paste to
avoid accidentally misleading people because of typing errors.
I do perform check on jdbc:derby://locahost:1527/contact_database
property, I do see there is a schema field, with value NBUSER.

May I know what else I had missed out?

Unless you specify otherwise, Derby uses your user name uppercased as a
schema name.

When using Derby, I enable authentication in derby.properties. In my
application code I explicitly set the schema using a statement such as
statement.executeUpdate("set schema 'APP'")

In your case I don't see what caused the problem.
p/s May I know what does it mean by schema?

A database entity that consists of one or more tables, views, triggers,
and so on. A schema provides a way to group a subset of tables within a
database. A schema name qualifies a table name within a database.

<http://support.cs.nott.ac.uk/help/docs/java/JDK12EE/cloudscape/doc/html/tutorial/gloss.htm>