Connecting a windows network share from Java with a specificied usernameand password

eramitnema

Hello,

I have a problem related to networking. I have a problem accessing
network shared drives from within my java classes.

I used the File object when I was developing. Everything worked fine.
However, I have to deploy to an application server, I need to supply a
user name and password to connect.

I am looking for an easy way to connect to a windows network share
with a user name and password from Java. I started to looking at JNI,
but I was hoping there might be an easier to use wrapper already
written.

I have a shared folder address as \\machine name\folder1, username and
password.

I assume this has something to do with Windows network security?

Can anybody help me?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Amit

Jani Tiainen

(e-mail address removed) kirjoitti:
Hello,

I have a problem related to networking. I have a problem accessing
network shared drives from within my java classes.

Sure you do since those are not really "drives".
I used the File object when I was developing. Everything worked fine.
However, I have to deploy to an application server, I need to supply a
user name and password to connect.

I am looking for an easy way to connect to a windows network share
with a user name and password from Java. I started to looking at JNI,
but I was hoping there might be an easier to use wrapper already
written.

There is nice JCIFS (http://jcifs.samba.org/) package that has SMB
protocol implementation and allows you to work with SMB shares (that
includes Windows shares too).
I have a shared folder address as \\machine name\folder1, username and
password.

I assume this has something to do with Windows network security?

Not really. It's just part of SMB protocol.

Lew

Repeating Jani's fine answer for the benefit of those in clj.help who wouldn't
have seen it due to the multipost.